- The EPA has compiled a simple test of environmental literacy. See how you do. (Answers are at the end of the post.)
- There are many different types of animals and plants, and they live in many different types of environments. What word is used to describe this idea: multiplicity, biodiversity, socio-economics, or evolution?
- Which of the following is a renewable resource: oil, iron ore, trees, or coal?
- Which of the following household materials is considered hazardous waste: plastic packaging, glass, batteries, or spoiled food?
- What is the most common major cause of pollution of streams, rivers and oceans?
- Most electricity in the U.S. is generated from what source?
- What is the primary environmental benefit of wetland areas?
- Having ozone in the earth’s upper atmosphere protects us from what?
- What is the current solution to the disposal of most nuclear waste in the United States?
- What is the largest source of carbon monoxide in the U.S.?
- What is the most common reason animal species become extinct?
- What is the name of the primary federal agency that works to protect the environment?
- Where does most household garbage eventually end up once it leaves the home?
For the full post, click here: greenokla.com